In today’s world, technology plays vital role in our daily lives. However, sometimes we encounter technical issues that hinder our workflow. One such issue is when Windows Shift S shortcut stops working. This can be frustrating when you need to take screenshot quickly. In this article, we will discuss different ways to fix this issue.
Table of Contents
Encountering the Windows Shift S shortcut not working issue can be frustrating when you need to take screenshot quickly. In this article, we will discuss various ways to fix this problem.
Windows Shift S Not Working
Restart your computer
Restarting your computer is simple but effective way to resolve many software-related issues, including Windows Shift S shortcut not working. When you restart your computer, it clears system’s memory and reloads all software and drivers, which can help to resolve any issues that might be interfering with shortcut’s functionality.
- To restart your computer, follow these simple steps:
- Click on Start button in bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Click on the Power icon, which is represented by circle with line through top, to open Power options menu.
- Click on “Restart” to initiate restart process. Wait for your computer to shut down and restart. This may take few minutes.
- Once your computer has restarted, try Using Windows Shift S shortcut again to see if issue has been resolved.
Also Read : How to delete Instagram account
Check if the shortcut is enabled
This step entails determining whether Print the Screen shortcut is enabled in Windows settings. To check, adhere to following steps:
- Press Windows key + I to access Settings.
- Click “Ease of Access”.
- Click “Keyboard”.
- Click the toggle switch in “Print Screen shortcut” area by scrolling down.
Once toggle switch is turned on, try using Windows Shift S shortcut once more.
Also Read : How to Percentage Formula in Excel – Best Guide
Check if the Snip & Sketch app is installed
The Windows Shift S shortcut is used to open Snip & Sketch app. Make sure that app is installed on your computer by following these steps:
- Press Windows key and type “Snip & Sketch” in search bar.
- If the app appears in the search results, click on it to open it. If it doesn’t appear, app may not be installed on your computer.
If the app is not installed, you can download it from the Microsoft Store.
Check if the app is updated
If Snip & Sketch app is installed, check if it is updated to latest version. follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Click on “Get updates” and wait for updates to install.
- Click on three dots in top-right corner and select “Downloads and updates.”
Once app is updated, try using Windows Shift S shortcut again.
Also Read : Why is My Computer Stuttering? Causes & Easy Fixes
Try using the Windows key + Shift + S shortcut
Instead of using Windows Shift S shortcut, try using Windows key + Shift + S shortcut to take screenshot. This shortcut performs same function as Windows Shift S shortcut.
Check if any third-party software is interfering
Sometimes third-party software can interfere with the Windows Shift S shortcut. Try disabling any third-party software temporarily and see if the shortcut starts working. You can do this by closing any running software in the background or using a clean boot to start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.
Reinstall Snip & Sketch app
If none of above steps work, try reinstalling Snip & Sketch app to see if that resolves issue. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key and type “Add or remove programs” in search bar.
- Click on “Add or remove programs.”
- Find Snip & Sketch app in list of installed programs and click on it.
- Click on “Uninstall” and follow prompts to uninstall app.
- Download and reinstall app from Microsoft Store.
Once app is reinstalled, try using Windows Shift S shortcut again.
Also Read : How to Find Clipboard on PC – Easy Guide
The Windows Shift S shortcut may stop working due to various reasons, including:
- Disabled shortcut: The shortcut may be disabled in Windows settings. If Print Screen shortcut is turned off, the Windows Shift S shortcut may not work.
- App not installed or outdated: The Windows Shift S shortcut is used to open Snip & Sketch app. If app is not installed on your computer, or if it is outdated, the shortcut may not work.
- Third-party software interference: Sometimes, third-party software installed on your computer can interfere with the Windows Shift S shortcut, causing it to stop working.
- Corrupted system files: Corrupted or missing system files can also cause the Windows Shift S shortcut to stop working.
- Outdated or incompatible drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause conflicts that may affect the functionality of the Windows Shift S shortcut.
- System updates: Sometimes, Windows updates can cause changes that affect the functionality of the Windows Shift S shortcut.
The Windows Shift S shortcut is a useful feature to take a screenshot quickly, but when it stops working, it can hinder our workflow. The above-mentioned ways can help you resolve this issue and get your shortcut working again. Try these different methods and see which one works for you. By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can easily fix the Windows Shift S shortcut not working issue and continue to use this helpful feature.