You’re not alone if you’ve chosen to delete your Facebook account. Getting rid of your account is one approach to allay the worries that many individuals have regarding the security and privacy of their personal information on social media. We’ll walk you through the process of permanently deleting your Facebook account in this article.
Table of Contents
How to delete Facebook account
Prior to closing your Facebook account, you should be aware that doing so will permanently remove all of your posts, videos, and other personal content on the website. This covers all correspondence, remarks, and likes related to your account. You’ll also need to discover alternative ways to log in after cancelling your account if you use Facebook to sign into other apps or services.
Steps for Deleting your Facebook account
Step 1: Download a copy of your Facebook data
It’s crucial to download copy of your data before deleting your Facebook account. This includes any personal information you’ve posted on platform, such as posts, videos, and images. Observe these steps to download your data:
- Click on arrow icon top right corner of Facebook.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy” and then select “Settings.”
- Click on “Your Facebook Information” in left-hand menu.
- Click on “Download Your Information.”
- Select data range, format, and media quality for download.
- Click on “Create File.”
- Once file is ready, you’ll receive notification that it’s available for download.
- Given volume of data you have stored on your account, it’s crucial to keep in mind that preparation of your data for download could take some time.
Step 2: Delete your Facebook account
Facebook account can be deleted after downloading copy of your data. Follow these steps to do so:
- Click arrow icon in top right corner of Facebook.
- Click “Settings & Privacy” and select “Settings.”
- Click “Your Facebook Information” in left-hand menu.
- Click “Delete Your Account and Information.
- “Enter your password and click “Continue.”
- Select reason for deleting your account and click “Delete Account.”
- If you’d like to deactivate your account instead of permanently deleting it, select “Deactivate Account”.
- Follow the prompts to confirm your decision.
Step 3: Notify your friends and contacts
- Before deleting your Facebook account, it’s good idea to let your friends and contacts know that you’ll no longer be active on platform. This will give them opportunity to connect with you through other channels, such as email, phone, or other social media platforms.
- You can notify your friends and contacts in number of ways, such as by posting status update, sending message, or creating post on your profile. Be sure to include your contact information so that your friends and contacts can stay in touch.
Also Read : How to Percentage Formula in Excel – Best Guide
Step 4: Delete the Facebook app from your devices
After you delete your Facebook account, it’s good idea to delete Facebook app from your devices. This will help ensure that you’re not tempted to re-activate or access platform in other ways.
To delete the Facebook app from your device, follow these steps:
- Find Facebook app on your device and press and hold icon.
- Tap “Delete App” option.
- Confirm that you want to delete app , click “Delete.”
- Repeat this process for other devices on which you have Facebook app installed.
Step 5: Manage your other online accounts
If you used your Facebook account to sign into other apps or services, you’ll need to find alternative ways to log in after deleting your account. This may require creating new accounts with different email addresses or using other social media platforms to sign in.
Also Read : How to Find Hidden Folder in Laptop – Best Guide
To manage your other online accounts, follow these steps:
- List all apps and services you have signed into with Facebook account.
- Look for other sign-in choices, such as email or other social networking platforms, on website of each app.
- Using the new sign-in details, update your account information.
- Along updating your Facebook account password, you should update any other account information or passwords that have been connected to it.
Step 6: Stay connected with friends and family
- letting your connections know that you have deleted your Facebook account and providing them with your contact details in email.
- Keeping in touch via other social networking sites like Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
- Keeping in touch involves making phone calls or sending texts.
- arranging meetings or excursions in person to maintain contact.
Also Read : Why is My Computer Stuttering? Causes & Easy Fixes
Deleting your Facebook account can be a big decision, but it can also be liberating experience. By following steps outlined in this article, you can delete your Facebook account with confidence and ease. Remember to take time to back up your data, manage your other online accounts, and stay connected with friends and family. While there may be some challenges along way, benefits of deleting your Facebook account may outweigh the drawbacks. Ultimately, decision to delete your Facebook account is personal one, and it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your life and your online presence.