5 Ways to Properly Reboot Your Dell Laptop
Properly Reboot Your Dell Laptop : When you install an entirely new driver, adjusting Registry settings or setting up Windows Update, you will encounter several scenarios where the system is requesting you to restart your computer.
One of the most simple ways to reboot is to use the power icon on the menu called Start. Similar steps are available for Dell laptops too. However, if you can’t access the menu for starting and you are unable to access the shutdown options. In addition, you’ll have to resort to other options to restart to restart your Dell laptop.
NOTE:When you reboot your computer, the system shuts off the all power source from each hardware component, and then erases the memory of all information stored on modules. This is not the case during the normal restart.
These methods are not intended for a typical restart , but rather for ways that to reboot your system.
Disable Fast Startup
Before restarting the Dell laptop, be sure to disable fast start. When fast startup is enabled, the status of the kernel and driver are stored in a hibernation folder after you close Windows.
After you turn on the PC, it will load hibernation files to memory. This is a lot faster than loading kernel files that are crucial from scratch.
However, when you do this, the system will not fully shut off when you end the shutdown . So, if you wish to restart your Dell laptop fully it is recommended to disable the fast start-up.
- Press the Windows + R key to Open Run.
powercfg.cpland press Enter to start the power options.
- On the left On the left side, click the power buttons are for.
- Click on Make changes to settings that are not currently available.
- Uncheck Fast startup is turned on (recommended).
- Click on Save Changes.
- Then, reboot your Dell laptop following the steps outlined in the following paragraphs.
Reboot Using Start Menu
It is among the more commonly used ways to reboot laptops. You can shutdown and restart it, or sleep, or even change Sign-in option settings by pressing the power icon located in the menu bar at the top.
- Use your Windows button on the keyboard to start your Start menu.
- Select the power icon.
- Click here, and select the option “Shutdown” to shut off the Dell laptop.
- Make a right click on the Start menu.
- Select Shutdown or Sign-out.
- Select Shutdown.
When you shut off your computer then wait for some time before pressing the power button once more to turn it back on.
Reboot Using Command
In Windows it is possible to complete all of your tasks by using commands prompt. This includes shutting down your computer and more. By using the shutdown command, you can turn off the PC completely through command Prompt and Run.
- Use the Windows + R key to open Run.
Command Promptand hit Enter to start the Command Prompt.
shutdown/sand hit enter. The computer will shut down after a while.
- You can also use your
shut down /scommand from Run to shut down your PC.
- Take a moment and then hit the power button again to switch off the computer.
Reboot using keyboard shortcuts
As with commands for rebooting it is also possible to use shortcut keys supplied by Windows to start the system. It is possible to reboot your system in two ways by using shortcut keys.
Ctrl Alt Delete Menu
- Hold Ctrl + Alt+ delete to launch the menu Ctrl Alt Delete.
- The bottom right corner of your screen click the Power icon.
- Choose Shutdown to switch off the power to your Dell Laptop.
- After the PC has completely off then press the power button and switch on the computer.
Alt F4 closes the active window. However, if there’s no currently active windows, the command displays an Shutdown Window. If you press the Alt key to turn it off, you can switch off, set your laptop to sleep, log out of your account or restart your system.
- Press the Windows + D keys to display the Desktop.
- Use Alt + F4 and Alt + Fn and F4 at the same time in order to start the Shutdown Windows.
- Select the drop-down menu then choose Shutdown.
- Select OK.
- When the computer is turned off completely, you must wait a couple of seconds, then press the power button . This will switch the laptop on.
The methods described above to restart the system are effective if you can navigate your Operating System. If you are unable to use the operating system or you have an non-responsive computer restarting the system following the steps above won’t work.
In this scenario it is necessary to force restart the system.
- Hold your power button until the laptop is turned off.
- Take a moment and hold the power button to turn it off.