We all love bread pakora. Don’t we? Spicy aloo mix stuffed between two bread slices, which is then dunked in besan batter and fried to perfection. Already slurping? We completely get you! Bread pakora makes a popular choice for anytime snacking – have it as your weekend special breakfast or pair with evening tea, bread pakora spells indulgence. But have you ever wondered if bread pakora had no bread in the recipe? Yes, you heard us. We bring you a unique bread pakora recipe that is made without using any bread. This unique recipe has been curated by MasterChef Kunal Kapur.
Chef Kunal Kapur took to his Instagram to share a quick video demonstrating how to make bread pakoda without using bread. ” If you love bread pakoda but are bored with that same oily version then this recipe is for you. Bread Pakoda without Bread – an instant, healthy and gluten-free recipe. So are you gonna give it a try?” he wrote alongside the video post. Check out the complete post here.
Here’s The Written Recipe For Chef Kunal Kapur’s Bread Pakoda Without Bread:
- 2 cups besan
- 1tsp cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4th cup onion, chopped
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp green chilli chopped
- Handful coriander, chopped
- 2tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2tsp kasoori methi powder
- 1tsp chaat masala
- 1tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1.5 cup (approx) water
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- A dash of oil
For Green Chutney:
- A small bunch fresh coriander
- 4nos tomatoes, medium
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- to taste salt
- A small piece ginger, chopped
- 4tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp cumin
- a pinch sugar
- 1 green chilli
- Handful mint leaves
- Mix together besan, cumin, salt, onions, chilli powder, green chillies, coriander, ginger, turmeric, kasoori methi, chaat masala, cumin powder, curd and water.
- Make it into a thick but pouring batter.
- Heat the sandwich maker and drizzle some oil on both sides.
- At this stage add baking soda into the batter and mix it gently in one direction.
- Rest for a minute and then pour the batter into the sandwich maker. Spread the batter evenly to cover the entire area.
- Close it and let it cook for 7-10mins or till it gets a light brown color on the outside.
- Remove, cut from centre and serve it hot with chutney.
For The Chutney:
- Mix together all the ingredients in a blender jar and grind to a paste.
- Remove to a bowl, adjust seasoning if required and serve.
- Make sure the chutney is served cold. You can store the chutney in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What are you waiting for? This weekend make yourself this unique bread pakoda and indulge!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.