Best Ways to Fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998)
Sometimes , while streamed content from Hulu unexpected error messages may pop up in your display. If you’ve seen the error number 2(-998) this indicates an error in playback. Hulu might prompt you to restart your device.
There are a few minor bugs in the app and glitches with Hulu can cause this error. However, you can resolve the issue yourself by forcing the app to restart or updating the app on the device you are streaming. In addition, we’ve put together a list of fixes that follow simple steps to fix the issue.
Also Read : Best Thick Skins in Fortnite in 2023
What Causes of Hulu Error Code 2(-998)?
A few of the possible causes of Hulu error codes 2(-998) are as follows.
- Disturbed Internet Connection
- Corrupted App Cache Data
- App Bugs and Glitches
- Hulu Server Outage
- Outdated app
- Using VPN
- Ended Subscription
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998)?
In the beginning, first try disconnecting your Hulu account on streaming device and then log back to your account. If your account isn’t working properly and creating this error, this should aid in fixing the issue. If, however, the error persists when you check your screens, apply the solutions below.
Force Stop Hulu
If you’re unable to sign out of your account because of the error, you may stop forcefully Hulu. If you force-stop Hulu, it will stop the process, thereby resolving any issues and minor glitches. You can then start with the application at the beginning. This should resolve this error message 2(-998).
Together with Hulu As well as Hulu, you should close any other apps running in the background, since it could lead to issues such as freezing the system. Find out how to do this on various streaming devices below.
- Launch Settings
- Select Apps
- Tap on Manage Apps
- The highlight Hulu and to open it
- Select the Force Stop option
- On iPhone using home button press twice to your home button. After that, swipe onto the Hulu display from the tray with multi-tasking and let it go.
- If you have an iPhone without the Home button, swipe the screen down from the bottom to show the Multi-task tray. Scroll to the top of Hulu then release to finish the program.
- Use the Ctrl+ Alt+ Del together and then select Task Manager.
- Highlight Hulu
- Simply click “End Task” at the at the bottom
On Fire TV
- The Launch the Settings from to the home screen
- Select Applications > Manage Installed Applications
- From the menus then click on your Hulu app
- Select Force Stop
On Nintendo Switch
- Hit on the button Home to access the menu Home.
- Locate Hulu.
- Press the “X” button.
- Select Close. option to Close. option.
On Xbox One
- Hit on the Xbox button.
- Select Hulu.
- On your controller on your controller, press your controller’s button Menu.button.
- Choose Quit.
Restart Your Streaming Device
If stopping the force on your Hulu application does not resolve the error then it’s time to start your device again. Restarting the device will solve problems with RAM and system lagging. In addition, it can fix app-related errors in your gadget. Also, take a look at the steps below.
- Hold the power button of your phone then hold the button for just a few minutes.
- Release the button after you have seen you see the power menu on the screen. Select Restart.
- Confirm that you want to restart.
- If you have iPhones lower than X hold on the power button. If you have an iPhone X and above, hold and press on the button to turn the volume up as well as the side button in sync.
- Release buttons once you have seen that Slide to Power off menu on the screen.
- Move the slider to turn the power off.
- Then, hold your power button until the Apple menu appears on your screen . restart your phone.
- From the Start menu, press the Power button.
- Select Restart.
On Fire TV
- For your Fire TV, hit the Pause/Play and Select button in sync, and then hold it for a few seconds.
- Release when you realize your TV Stick turning off.
On Nintendo Switch
- Click on the power button and hold it for around 3 seconds.
- In the Power menu, select power options..
- Choose Restart.
On Xbox One
- Press the “X” button in the Xbox One and hold it until you see the power menu.
- Pick Restart Console.
- Choose to restart to confirm.
Check Hulu Server
If you are still experiencing the error, examine Hulu Server to see if there are any outages internally inside Hulu itself. If hardware or technical issues are present, it is impossible to fix them by yourself. However, you can always visit their server page for the latest updates. You can visit the Official Twitter account to see the current status.
Verify your Membership Status
If you’re Hulu subscription is over and you are no longer able to stream videos. This is why you may be able to see an error an error message displayed on the playback screen. You can also check your current membership status on the account page. You’ll need renewal of your month-long or annual subscription to keep streaming even when it is over. These are steps to do this.
- Open an internet browser from your phone.
- Enter Hulu Website and Sign in.
- To the right of the top you will see a link to your Profil icon.
- Choose Account.
- Find the upcoming charges to check.
It is possible to experience Hulu error message 2(-998) in the event that you use an old version of the application. So, it is possible to make the necessary updates to the Hulu app on all device to correct the issue. There may be fixes to some annoying bugs and glitches in the latest software update. The app can be updated through your Google Play Store, App Store as well as the Microsoft Store.
Clear Hulu App Cache
Unresolved corrupt cache data on streaming devices could be a reason for Hulu error message 2(-998). So, it is possible to clean your Hulu app cache to improve performance. This will help the app to load faster. Follow the steps below.
- Open Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Tap on Hulu > Storage.
- Select to select the Clear Cache option.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Tap General > iPhone Storage .
- Find Hulu and hit it.
- Select Delete App .
- Once more, select the the Delete App option.
- Install Hulu from App Store.
- If you’re using the Google Chrome web browser, use the keys Ctrl+ Shift+ Delkeys simultaneously.
- In the dialog box click on the the Advanced Tab.
- Check the box for cached pictures and other files.
- If you are in a time zone, select The All Time option.
- Click on Clear Data.
On Fire TV
- In on the Fire TV home screen, hover over the Gear icon and then click on it.
- Choose the Applications menu.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications.
- Open Hulu > Clear Cache.
On Nintendo Switch
- Open System Settings from Home.
- Choose Data Management > Manage Save Data.
- Click on Delete Save Data.
- It’s a highlight Hulu and prove it.
On Xbox One
- From Home Menu, go to My Games and Apps.
- Select Apps and search for Hulu from in the options.
- When you are using your control, click Menu for additional options.
- Choose Manage App > Clear Saved Data.
Try Streaming From Other Web Browsers
Sometimes, buggy extensions in the web browser could result in an errors 2(-998). This is why you should try streaming using the next browser to check whether the issue is present in other browsers as well. It is possible to use the most recent versions of any Hulu-supported browser. For Instance, Safari, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, etc.
Because Hulu is based in the United States streaming, it isn’t available worldwide. This error could occur when you connect to an VPN using a different region. If you’re trying to stream it outside in the US, Hulu might detect VPN and disable it. This is why you need to disable the streaming device and then try the app once more.
Contact Customer Support
It is possible to report the issue to Hulu customer service as an option last resort in the event that the error persists on your screen during streaming. The team of experts will provide you through the corrective steps to fix the issue.