Apple will be opening its second hardware launch event, the Unleashed, in a short while from now. The showstopper for the Apple Unleashed event is going to the new Apple MacBook Pro with improved M1 processors from the company, along with a Mac mini that employs the same ARM-based SoC and a refreshed Apple AirPods.
Expectations are high; the tech world is anticipating similar level of success from Apple’s new M-series chips and 2021 MacBook Pros that was registered by the M1 MacBook Air and the 13-inch MacBook Pro (M1) last year. Mac mini, which was another computer to receive the M1 chip last year, is also likely to get a performance boost with the new Apple Silicon.
For Apple AirPods, this will be third upgrade; the last one was seen being in March 2019. It remains to be seen whether this will be an iteration update for the AirPods or will we see some major changes in the popular TWS earbuds.
Catch the latest updates from Apple Unleashed event LIVE here:
- Coming to the new and improved Apple Silicon, there seems to be a few prospective monikers doing the rounds – M1X, M1 Pro, M1 Max and even M2. More intriguing are the tech specs – twice the performance cores as opposed to the previous generation at 16, and two to four times the GPU cores. A humongous upgrade if the reports are to be believed.
- Only minutes to go before the Apple Unleashed. Are these the final moments of the infamous Touch Bar? Word on the street says yes. We’ll believe it when we see it.
- Not many laptops have a notch invading the screen real estate. The new MacBook Pros could change this paradigm. Apple iPhone X is credited with introducing and popularising the display cutout. Will the 2021 MacBook Pro- pioneer a similar trend in laptops? Fingers crossed!
- Apple AirPods are getting their third generation upgrade after two years of wait. The last update for the highly popular TWS earbuds was in March 2019. It remains to be seen if Apple brings active noise cancellation to the AirPods or not. Fans would also be waiting for the short stem design to be brought over from the AirPods Pro. Unlikely, if reports are any indication, but one can hope.
- Mac mini is set for another upgrade this year. After receiving the M1 chiplet in 2020, it is once again in line for the upgraded Apple Silicon processors. The move could be a result of users demanding more power from the compact desktop computer. If reports are to be believed, Apple has delivered on these expectations.
- Reports and leaks ahead of Apple Unleashed have been focussed on the upcoming MacBook Pros. This will be first overall update for the line-up in five years, the last change in the which was the introduction of M1 processor with the 13-inch MacBook Pro last year.
- Ahead of the Unleashed launch event, the Apple Store was inaccessible as the tech giant added upcoming offerings on its online marketplace
- Watch the Apple Unleashed event live here:
- In minutes from now, Apple will be announcing its new Mac computers, including two MacBook Pros and a Mac mini, along with refreshed AirPods earbuds.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!