Christmas Recipes: Italian dishes are famous for their simplicity as they’re made with limited quality ingredients. Italian dishes are filled with healthy fats and provide natural benefits to one’s health as it contains high-fiber food with vegetables and grains. In the contemporary era, the Italian dishes’ recipes are copied all over the world as they are made from common ingredients such as cheese, grains, ranging from fruits, meats, rice, potato, and corn with fresh, spicy, and other seasonal ingredients.
Here Are 5 Authentic Italian Dishes You Need To Try This Christmas:
Lasagna is a type of Pasta, layered with a filling of vegetables, cheese, tomato and white sauce, and noodles.
- First, boil the noodles with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes, then drain the noodles and add 1/2 tablespoon of salt, cheese, and egg.
- Cook the lasagna sheets and Layer your Lasagna, the last and foremost layer should be finished with pasta, and then add meat sauce, white sauce, and cheese, and then the last layer of pasta.
- Always pre-boiled and pre-cook lasagna sheets for better assembly and taste.
(Also Read: Watch: How To Make Luscious Buttery Cookies For Christmas Feast)
2. Spaghetti Carbonara:
Spaghetti Carbonara is an easy-to-make 15-minute recipe with long Spaghetti. The dish is prepared with some long spaghetti, some carbonara with bacon, egg, and olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the egg and half of the cheese together then drain the pasta and toss it with a tempered egg, put them in a warm pot so the cheese can melt easily.
- Ready to serve Spaghetti Carbonara is all here.
Polpette is traditional Italian meatballs, made with veggies, meat, and ricotta. One can bake or fry the balls according to their taste and health concerns.
- Pour some virgin olive oil into a pan then add garlic and onion with some chopped vegetables as per your taste.
- Later add some raw balls to it and add tomato sauce and herbs.
- After a few minutes, add some water to it and cook it for 15-20 minutes with a lid cover. Serve the dish with cheese topping on it.
4. Bruschetta Salmon:
Bruschetta Salmon is a healthy, gluten-free Italian snack served with the topping of tomato basil. The 25-minute recipe is easy to make with fresh flavors. To make bruschetta salmon one needs olive oil, Italian seasoning, basil, onion, lemon, salmon, and cherry tomatoes.
- Fry salmon in 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil for 6 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate and pour another 2 tablespoons of olive in the pan.
- Add chopped onion cook for 3-4 minutes then add garlic and sauté for the next 20 sec, add tomatoes, salt, and black pepper cook until the tomatoes begin to burst, turn off the flame and add lemon juice over the tomatoes.
- Top your cooked salmon with the prepared Bruschetta mixture and your dish is ready to eat.
(Also Read: Allahabadi Cake: This Traditional Christmas Cake Comes With A Desi Twist)
Arancini are deep-fried balls of rice with a mozzarella center.
- First, get some cheese, milk, beaten egg, flour, and bread crumbs.
- Take a pan and pour some olive oil, add garlic and onion cook it for a minute, and add rice and mix all of them well.
- Add some chicken and cook it until the mixture soaks all water, stir the beaten egg and bread crumbs and shape the mixture into small balls with cheese filling in it. Fry the balls in deep oil and serve hot with sauce.
About Author: Mr. Govind Bhushal is Managing Partner and Executive Chef at Dr. Zombie.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.